Another one of our favorite recipes back here in the wilderness. I use Xylitol (coconut sugar), Stevia, Sucanat or organic sugar and it is really a low sugar and high protein treat. We have also added our very own FRESH honey to our list of sweetners! This recipe permeates such amazing aromas through my house!
This is a gluten free and dairy free snack for those of you that are on the GFCF diet and if you have to watch your sugar this is perfect for you. This recipe can be doubled – Yeah!
Trayer Wilderness Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- 1 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup organic sugar, xylitol, stevia, sucanat or honey
- 3 XL eggs, room temp, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla (homemade vanilla extract)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or blueberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix together all the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and again mix well. If you are adding the dried fruit you will want to add them now. Line a glass 9 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper and pour batter in and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and turn oven down to 300 degrees. Allow the biscotti to cool and then pull the parchment paper out and place on a cookie sheet. Cut the biscotti into slices and place on the cookie sheet, keeping the pieces separate from one another. They will resemble the consistency of brownies. Place back in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until relatively crunchy and dried. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Note: You can make your own almond flour by grinding blanched almonds in a food processor. Finely ground is what you are looking for because if you process them too long you will have almond butter. :). Original recipe author was Nicole Hunn of http://glutenfreeonashoesting.com… Check out her cookbooks she has AMAZING recipes!
Blessings to you and yours… ♥