January 4th, 2019: In today’s show we talk about our 2019 theme “New Beginnings” and I offer 7 tips to help you start the year on the right foot.
Here are my means of setting goals:
- Think long-term. Visualize what your life looks like one year, 5 years and 10 years from now.
- Break your long-term goals into short-term goals and set a timeline to achieve them.
- Take small, doable actions toward achieving them every day.
- Re-evaluate often. Don’t be afraid to change course, make new goals or even scrap old goals if they no longer fit your longterm vision for your future. If things aren’t working it is perfectly ok to change the angle of attack.
- Keep moving forward no matter what. Don’t look at the entire staircase and certainly, DON’T look back. Just look forward at the next step, and take it.
- If you fall down or face setbacks, get back up and start again from wherever you are. As long as you keep moving forward in the direction of your goals so much as you can, you WILL eventually hit your mark. Be persistent & resilient. Remember the sky is the limit and planning + action equals anything you set your mind to!
- Having an accountability partner or app is a great tool and way to keep us on course.
For those of you that are unable to stream podcasts or would rather have the opportunity to read, below you will find the transcription of today’s podcast:
#TrayerWilderness #MountainWomanRadio #PositivelyEncouraging #EmbraceOffGrid