We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (there is no additional cost to you). Thank you for supporting Trayer Wilderness with your purchases!
Oh how I LOVE the sun! I am as solar powered as my home and now I have an All American Sun Oven to do all my summer cooking.
As most of you know we are very frugal and try to eliminate as many extra expenses as possible. So being able to cook with the sun in the summer months is AMAZING!! A power free slow cooker if you will… ♥
Today, I did the unboxing of my All American Sun Oven and decided to make my Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake for my men. Below you will find the video on how to use the Sun Oven and my new solar kitchen. You will also find the recipe below. My hope is that you will find this informative and realize the resources you have at your fingertips which could provide a meal at the end of the day and no money out of your pocket to do so.
I was very impressed by the construction, quality and ease of use for the All American Sun Oven. It is light weight, easy to setup and even easier to use. I am excited about the endless opportunities I have to cook and bake in this oven, the time saved on busy days and the beauty of a meal being ready at the end of a long hard busy day here in the wilderness.
NOTE: If you would like to have this recipe in a handy format, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter and receive this recipe on page 57 and many more for FREE in my 72 page e-book titled The Trayer Wilderness Cookbook ~ Homesteading The Traditional Way ~ Volume 1. You can also purchase it for a friend here or suggest they join our newsletter too!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake in the Sun Oven
- 2 1/2 cup flour (Better Batter Gluten Free Flour or Oat Flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup organic raw sugar, rapadura, sucanat or for sugar free use erythritol or xylitol
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or make your own Sugar Free Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy in a mixing bowl and then add eggs. Beat well.
- Gradually beat in the flour and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- You can choose to drop the cookies on a cookie sheet with a spoon or you can place this whole batter into a 9 x 13 pan and bake for roughly 30 minutes. If you are making individual cookies the cooking time is roughly 8 to 10 minutes.
- You can also use the All American Sun Oven and bake for roughly 2 hours.
For those of you that are on a low sugar or sugar free diet as I am, I found a Sugar Free Brown Sugar recipe that I would like to share with you. A special thank you to Gwen’s Nest for sharing the recipe which can be found here. Eating healthy is a BIG concern of ours and everything we make here on the homestead is homemade which includes a lot of our main ingredients that are either freshly ground or as in this case the Sugar Free Brown Sugar is homemade to provide us with the healthiest ingredient.
Stay tuned for many more solar meals, desserts, breads, pizzas, sourdough breads and baked goods and casseroles, oh and all our fresh garden vegetables.
Thanks so much for joining me today…. God bless! ♥
What would you like to try cooking or baking in the sun?
This was shared on Green Thumb Thursday Blog Hop